- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/3 c. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red jalapeño chili pepper, very thinly sliced (optional)Salad
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 ripe, but still firm avocados
- 1 lb. jícama
- 1/2 c. California raisins
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
2 Whisk to combine first 5 dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
4 With a sharp paring knife, peel the oranges and remove the white layer of pith. Cut oranges into 1/4-inch rounds.
5 Halve the avocados and remove the seed. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop out the avocado halves and cut into thin, uniform slices.
6 Arrange the avocado and orange slices, overlapping, around each of 6 salad plates. Drizzle with a little of the dressing.
7 Peel the jícama and cut it into 1/8-inch slices, then cut the slices into 1/8-inch matchsticks.
8 Toss the jicama with the raisins, cilantro and remaining dressing. Mound the mixture in the center of each salad.
Source: Chef Roy Harland and California Raisin Marketing Board