Jamie Geller shares her recipe for Italian Wedding Soup with a full detailed video, meatballs and all.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ditalini or orzo
- 2 (32-ounce) boxes Manischewitz All Natural Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté onions for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions and garlic with ground beef, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into meatballs 1/2 - inch in diameter. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- While meatballs are chilling, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil and gently lower meatballs, one at a time into the broth. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, adding spinach for the last few minutes.
- Add pasta. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.