Italian Stuffed Matzo Ball Soup is a twist on a traditional recipe. The ground beef and Lipton® Soup Secrets® Kosher Matzo Ball & Soup Mix add a wonderful flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 package Lipton® Soup Secrets® Kosher Matzo Ball & Soup Mix
1. Combine all ingredients except Lipton® Soup Secrets® Kosher Matzo Ball & Soup Mix in medium bowl. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare both Matzo Ball pouch mixes according to package directions, forming into 1- to ½-inch balls. Press thumb into center of each matzo ball to form a well. Place about 1 teaspoon beef mixture into center of each matzo ball, then gently close matzo mix around stuffing. Roll gently with damp hands to form ball.
3. In a large saucepot, bring 10 ½ cups chicken broth or water to a boil, reduce heat. Carefully place matzo balls into the gently boiling soup. Simmer covered 20 minutes.
4. Extra beef mixture can be frozen for future use.