- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2-1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied citron
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Preheat oven 475.
- In a bowl combine the flour sugar and salt. Cut in the butter with pastry blender till mix is crumbly. Press into a 9 inch spring form pan. Bake at 475 for 5 min.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Reduce oven to 350.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons flour and then beat at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, orange rind, vanilla and salt and beat 4 min.
- Stir in the raisins, citron and almonds. Gently spoon the batter over the crust. Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 min. or till center is set
- Run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen; cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Carefully remove sides of pan just before serving.
- Garnish, if desired.