- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 boneless beef steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (8 ounces each)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups uncooked whole-wheat spiral pasta
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoningLemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 Heat oven to 425°F. Place bell peppers and asparagus on metal baking pan; spray vegetables with nonstick cooking spray. Roast in 425°F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
2 Set aside; cool. Whisk lemon vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
3 Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions omitting oil and salt; drain. Set aside; cool. Remove feathery tops from fennel bulb, reserving several for garnish, if desired. Trim and discard fennel stalks from bulb.
4 Cut bulb into quarters lenthwise; remove and discard core. Thinly slice fennel quarters lengthwise. Place sliced fennel, pasta and onion in large bowl. Set aside.
5 Press garlic-pepper seasoning evenly onto beef steaks.
6 Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
7 Carve steak into thin slices. Add steak slices and roasted vegetables to pasta mixture; toss to coat evenly with vinaigrette. Garnish with reserved fennel tops, if desired.