Since you've been paying attention, you know I am totally obsessed with yogurt bowls. I eat them six ways from Sunday. I favor sweet and frozen when I'm out and about in the Israeli heat. Savory and filling is how I lunch. Served like a salad bar it's the perfect way to feed the family.
Now I am crushing on yogurt pops. Portable, kid-friendly, and truly sweet tooth satisfying . You can easily just use honey or even vanilla flavored yogurt, but I love the combo of tahini and silan, with their nod to my favorite Israeli candy, halva.
- Prep Time
- 8 large popscilesServings
- Chopped nuts, coconut, or granola of choice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons silan (date honey)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 banana, sliced (optional)
1. Combine yogurt with silan and tahini, adjust flavor to personal taste.
2. Spoon 1 teaspoon of chopped nuts of choice (I love candied almonds) into the bottom of each ice-pop mold. Next, spoon or pour in some of the yogurt mixture. Add slices of banana, if using, on top of the yogurt mixture. Use the wooden popsicle stick to push the bananas down into the yogurt. You can add a little nuts at the top of the pop as well. Place a stick in the middle of each pop; freeze 2 hours or until firm.