Chili rubs and steak are the latest trend. Here we utilize the Yemenite chili sauce, schug, as the main ingredient. Feel free to swap schug for any chili-based sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds club steak or rib steak cut into two-inch chunks
- ¼ cup schug
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
1. Place steak, schug, oil, salt and sugar in a resealable bag or covered container and marinate for 1 to 24 hours.
2. Skewer meat on kebob sticks.
3. Cook on hot grill for 6 minutes per side.
ALTERNATIVE TO GRILLING: Cook under broiler for 7 minutes per side.