Perfect egg salad with an Israeli twist. Instead of using plain mayo, use Sabra babaganoush, an eggplant salad that has mayo mixed in. Add some chopped vegetables for texture and color and you have your perfect egg salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 eggs, hard boiled* and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup babaganoush, such as Sabra babaganoush
- 1 teaspoon Sabra Red or Green Schug (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. To hard boil eggs, place them in saucepan and cover them with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Chop the eggs coarsely and put them into a large bowl. Add the green onion, celery, red bell pepper.
3. In small bowl, mix together the babaganoush and schug. Gently stir the mix with eggs and vegetables. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.