These Irresistible Almond Butter Buckeyes are sophisticated chocolate covered nut balls. So easy to make, and so decadent.
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups almond butter
- 3-4 cups powder sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening (can use vegetable oil, canola oil or coconut oil)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine the almond butter, sugar and salt until it forms a ball that detaches from the sides of the bowl. Refrigerate for one hour or until firm. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and align on a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate chips and shortening over a double boiler.
3. Insert a toothpick into a ball and dip into the melted chocolate. If you want them to resemble buckeyes, leave a small area chocolate free. Place on parchment paper, remove the toothpick, and repeat with the rest of the balls. Otherwise, dip the whole ball into the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
4. Place dipped almond butterballs in the fridge until firm.