We used adzuki beans because of their Asian roots. Feel free to use your favorite canned bean in place of adzuki. For a milder chili, remove the seeds from your jalapeño before dicing.
If you do not have an Instant Pot you can cook this on your stovetop by sautéing as recipe instructs and cooking chili in a covered pot for 1 hour and 20 minutes on low heat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup Kikkoman® Hoisin Sauce
- ½ cup (chicken, beef or vegetable) broth
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can adzuki beans
- Garnishes: Tortilla chips, sliced avocado, sliced limes
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Coat insert with sesame oil. Add onions and jalapeño and sauté for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add ground beef and sauté 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
- Add diced tomatoes, hoisin sauce, broth, soy sauce, and adzuki beans. Stir to combine. Cover and turn on high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, sliced avocado, and sliced limes or store in fridge or freezer for later use.