A bit labor intensive, the flavors of this Italian-style potato salad are so addictive, you won’t mind the extra work. Give the salad plenty of time to come to room temperature before serving.
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound small, thin-skinned potatoes
- Salted water
- 1 very small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 225 grams small, slender fresh green beans cut into 1-inch lengths, (use thawed frozen green beans if fresh are unavailable)
- Canned anchovy filets, sliced hard boiled egg and capers (optional)
Cook potatoes in salted water until just tender when pierced with a knife. Drain. While still hot, peel and cut into large pieces. Mix with oil and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
Cook green beans until barely tender (if using fresh beans). Drain and immediately place in cold water to cool them quickly. Drain again. Gently mix beans (cooked or thawed frozen green beans) and diced onion into potatoes. Garnish if desired with anchovies, egg and capers.