- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/3 pounds skinless Pacific albacore, cut into large cubes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dipping Sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Warm water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- generous pinch of cayenne
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1-2 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. In glass or ceramic bowl, combine marinade ingredients.
2 Add albacore cubes and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, tossing cubes gently halfway through marinating time.
3 While albacore is marinating, make dipping sauce using the recipe below.
4 Drain albacore, reserving marinade. Thread albacore cubes on metal or bamboo skewers.
5 Place skewers on greased grate 4-5 inch from hot briquettes. Cook 4-6 minutes per inch of fish (measured at its thickest point), turning to cook all sides.
6 Baste frequently with reserved marinade. Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from heat.
7 Serve with dipping sauce. Dipping Sauce In small bowl, blend together peanut butter and warm water.
8 Add remaining ingredients.
9 Let sit while albacore is cooking.
Source: National Fisheries Institute, Oregon Albacore Commission