Delicious curry recipe using leftover odds and ends, including any vegetables you want.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 big garlic cloves, diced fine
- 2 \" piece of fresh ginger, diced find
- diced cooked potatoes
- 1/2 bag frozen baby peas
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 can or 2 cups drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2-4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp each curry and garam masala
1 garlic and ginger can be ground in the processor together
2 Saute onions, add garlic and ginger, cook till golden.
3 Add potatoes, peas and spinach and cook on low until spinach is wilted.
4 Add chickpeas. Heat through, then add sauce ingredients.
5 Dish should not be too wet. Serve over brown basmati rice
It's not really a recipe that I found anywhere, and the first time I made it it was to use up leftover odds and ends of veggies, and I used a bottled curry sauce. This time I decided to try from scratch. I also used 2 kinds of curry powder, red and yellow. You can use whatever veggies you have around, like okra.