My mother in-law was born in Bombay. She taught me this recipe just before my wedding and I make it nearly every Shabbos. It also freezes well.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2-3 Vidalia onions sliced into thin crescents
- 2 T oil (any oil, olive is good too)
- 1 chicken cut into eighths
- 8-9 small tomatoes sliced into chunks
- 2 T curry powder
- 2 T teriyaki sauce
- 2 handfuls of raisins (optional)
Saute the onions and the chicken pieces together.
When the chicken skin turns golden brown add the curry powder and then the tomatoes,teriyaki sauce and raisins. Cook together on a low flame for approximately one hour or until chicken juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Serve over basmati rice. Freezes well.