Although the combination might sound odd at first, broth, chiles, nuts and chocolate are the basis of mole, a sauce considered to be one of the masterpieces of Mexican cuisine. The addition of medicinal mushrooms and raw honey gives this comforting and energizing drink a great boost for our immune system, and satisfies any sweet craving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup neutral* bone broth
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon chaga, reishi or cordyceps mushroom powder**
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Pinch vanilla powder, optional
- pinch cayenne, optional
- 1- 1 ½ tablespoons raw honey
1. In a small saucepan bring bone broth, almond butter, medicinal mushroom powder, cinnamon, cacao powder, vanilla and cayenne to a simmer, stirring until all ingredients are warm and well incorporated.
2. Remove from heat and add raw honey. Serve into a cup, sip and enjoy.
*Use a bone broth that is only mildly seasoned and made without any garlic or onions, and very lightly salted. Preferably derived from poultry bones.