A little sidetrack from the standard fare, imitation crab cakes are easy to make and can be a filling main course or, made smaller, can be served as hors devours.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound imitation crab meat
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasonings
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mustard and parsley. Mix well.
2. Add imitation crab to mixture and gently mix.
3. Blend in bread crumbs.
4. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
5. Shape into patties and saute gentle in olive oil (thin layer).
Tip: The imitation crab cakes are easier to handle if mixture is allowed to chill before forming.