Imitation crabmeat is very versatile and works great in this Corn and Crab Chowder.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon:oil
- 1 onion,:chopped
- 2 teaspoons:minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon:ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 small chili,:seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons:rice wine vinegar or white wine
- 8 ounces:imitation crabmeat
- 10 ounces:whole kernel corn
- 2-1/2 cup:pareve chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon:light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons:cilantro, fresh chopped
- 2 eggs,:lightly whisked
- Salt and:pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute onion stirring occasionally for 5 minutes at low heat or until onions are transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger and chili, stirring for 1 minute. Pour in rice wine vinegar, cook over moderate heat until reduced by half.
- Stir in imitation crabmeat, corn, broth and soy sauce. Let cook until the mixture boils, then cook and additional 5 minutes more, stirring to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Stir in cilantro. Taste with salt and pepper. Remove saucepan from heat, whisk in the eggs well.
- The heat of the soup will cook the eggs.. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.