This recipe will add to your meal and look gorgeous too! Grilled vegetables and potato, can't go wrong!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces fresh Idaho russet potatoes
- 2 ounces leeks, finely diced
- 2 ounces red pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces yellow pepper
- 1 ounce orange pepper
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 ounce summer squash, sliced
- 2 ounces red onion, sliced
- 1 ounce zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 plum tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 ounce garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 ounces kosher salt
- 1/2 ounce black pepper
- 1 ounce white wine
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1/4 ounce parsley, chopped
1. Lightly coat the peppers, onion slices, summer squash and zucchini with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill until al dente. Remove skin from peppers. Julienne vegetables, and keep separate.
3. Grate potato mix with diced leeks, salt and pepper. Divide into 3 equal portions - form 3 each round cakes.
4. Cook cakes in olive oil on both sides until golden brown then place fried cakes on sheet pan and bake at 350 until crisp.
5. Wilt spinach in sauté pan over high heat (1 minute). Remove spinach, add garlic and tomato. Cook 1 minute. Add white wine, salt and pepper. Reduce until dry.
6. To assemble: Place 1 cake on base of plate, top with spinach, onions and squashes. Place 1 cake on top of vegetables, top with peppers. Place 1 cake on top of peppers, top with 1/4 tomato product.
7. Using remaining tomato, divide into 1/3 and place tomatoes around plate in 3 areas.
8. Chop parsley, sprinkle over whole Napolean. Serve.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission