Potato and roasted corn pancakes with the addition of poblano peppers, for lunch, brunch or light supper.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 ounces corn oil, divided
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded, diced into 1-inch sections
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. In a hot sauté pan, sauté corn in very hot oil, until it begins to caramelize.
2. Add diced pepper and remove from heat.
3. Boil potatoes until just tender; drain until dry.
4. In food processor, blend potatoes with yolks, butter, salt, white pepper and milk until mixed.
5. Fold in roasted corn-pepper mixture and cilantro. Chill 1 hour before shaping.
6. Shape potato mixture into patties. In a hot sauté pan, brown patties in oil on both sides. Serve hot.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission