Don't buy ready made potato knishes in the store, make your own! Get the recipe here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 sheet puff pastry
- 3 Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes, cooked, peeled, gently mashed
- 4 ounces onions, sauteed
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces Maytag blue cheese
- 1 ounce reggiano cheese
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. In a medium bowl, with a rubber spatula, combine all of the above ingredients in order given. Do not over mix.
2. Cut the puff pastry into 3 1/2-inch squares. Lightly brush egg wash around edges.
3. Fill the center of each square with 2 tablespoons of potato base.
4. Gather up and overlap the sides, firmly pressing them together to seal the pastry completely closed. Brush the top with egg wash.
5. Freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes so that the knishes seal closed completely.
6. Bake in a 365ºF oven for 15 minutes, until the knishes are a deep golden brown.
7. Serve immediately.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission