This potato souffle could be made in one, larger casserole dish, but it's worth the effort to use ring molds to make individual portions.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced smal
- 2 cups Idaho potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crème Fraîche
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, ground finely
- 2 egg whites, beaten
1. Preheat convection oven to 400°F.
2. Blanch small-diced potatoes in salted water and shock in ice. Reserve.
3. Peel and cook the two whole potatoes in salted boiling water until tender.
4. Purée using a food mill.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine puréed potato, cream cheese, crème fraîche, melted butter, egg yolk, salt and pepper.
6. In a separate bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
7. Fold egg whites and small-diced potato into puréed potato mixture.
8. Coat four 3-inch diameter ring molds with pan spray and place on a sheet pan.
9. Add two fluid ounces of soufflé batter to center of each ring mold.
10. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission