Using ice cream sandwiches allows for an easy way to make a layered ice cream cake. The candies in the middle of the cake will delight and amaze all of your guests, making it the perfect Purim or party cake. Can be made pareve or dairy.
- Prep Time
- 16 individual Klein’s ice cream sandwiches
- 2 cups Klein’s chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups candies of choice
- Vanilla frosting or whipped cream
1. Allow chocolate ice cream to sit at room temperature for about fifteen to twenty minutes so it softens enough to spread.
2. Line a 9 inch round cake pan or pot with plastic wrap.
3. Place 8 ice cream sandwiches down in plastic wrap-lined pan.
4. Top with softened chocolate ice cream, spreading ice cream only along the edge of the pan. Make sure to leave the center unfilled.
5. Fill center with candies of choice.
6. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches.
7. Place in freezer for a few hours until completely set.
8. Frost cake with whipped cream or vanilla frosting.
9. Decorate with sprinkles and/or candies.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW