- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup tahini (100 % sesame seed paste, not tahini sauce)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Slice off the top of the garlic head so that all the cloves are exposed. Place the garlic on a square of aluminum foil, and pour the 1 tablespoon oil over the exposed cloves. Twist the foil tight, and roast for 40 minutes. Open the foil and let the garlic cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Combine the 1/4 cup vegetable oil and all the remaining ingredients in a food processor. When it is cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the cloves and add it to the other ingredients. Process until smooth.