This summer corn salsa is great on any grilled creations or even on its own. Mix it up by adding some shredded cabbage and a touch of light mayo to the salsa.
Related: 9 Hot Dog Topping Recipes
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned and drained corn kernels
- 3 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely diced, optional
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 whole wheat hot dog buns
In a large bowl, combine corn, scallions, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder and toss well.
Grill hot dogs over grill preheated to medium high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until warmed. Top each with about 2 tablespoons corn salsa and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is based on fresh corn and fresh cilantro. Optional ingredients are not included.