- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 2 cups California walnuts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dried pears, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence, or mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 12 slices baguette-style French bread, cut diagonally about 1/2-inch thick
- 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup) plain California goat cheese
1 Preheat the broiler.
2 Chop 1 cup of the walnuts coarsely; chop the remaining cup of walnuts finely.
3 Place all the walnuts in a large bowl and add the honey, pears, herbs de Provence, coriander, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice and salt. Beat vigorously until completed mixed. Set aside.
4 Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Cut the goat cheese into pieces and divide among the baguette slices.
5 Broil until cheese is just melted, then spread the cheese uniformly on each slice.
6 Top each slice with a spoonful of Honey Walnut Spread and serve immediately.
Source: California Walnut Board