Bursting with the flavors of apples, mangos and honey, this healthy take on cobbler has less fat and sugar than traditional recipes perfect for the New Year or year round.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 (around ½ cup each)Servings
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 8 cup apple (about 6 large apples) - cored, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mango (about 1/2 large mango) - peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ + 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spoon flours into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Whisk together in a medium size bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour mixture, apples, mango, honey, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Gently toss together and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon fruit mixture into dish and level ingredients.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, granulated sugar, and baking powder to flour and whisk (see step 2). Stir in 1/4 cup canola oil and mix to resemble a coarse meal. Add soy milk and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice just until moist.
- Spread flour mixture evenly across top of apple/mango combination. Sprinkle top lightly with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Provided by: BONNIE TAUB-DIX,MA,RD,CDN