The most amazing seaweed chips that you can easily make at home.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 sheets nori
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 3/4 cup white sesame seeds
- Salt to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Lay the nori in a single layer.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the oil and honey or syrup until well blended.
4. Add in cayenne if using. Using a pastry brush, brush the nori with mixture until well coated.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt if desired. Bake in oven for 5 minutes until seeds are light brown.
6. When the nori is cool enough, flip it over and brush the other side with mixture and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Once cool, cut or break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW