This roasted pumpkin with honey and spices is both sweet and savory. It can be served as a side dish, and nicely complements chicken or duck entrees. It is perfect for vegetarians, too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds peeled pumpkin, cut into ½ inch cubes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In large bowl, mix honey, extra virgin olive oil, warm water, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper; add diced pumpkin and stir.
3. Arrange mixture in single layer on a baking sheet; bake 45 minutes, until pumpkin softens completely
4. Serve hot (perfect side dish for the Duck Breast).