- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (8 ounce):can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup:oil
- 1/2 cup:orange juice
- 1/4 cup:vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons:dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon:salt
- 6 peppercorns,:whole
- 1 clove:of garlic, minced
- 2 cut:up fryer chickens
- 1/4 cup:honey
- 1 Tablespoon:Dijon mustard
- In a large jar, combine the tomato sauce, oil, orange juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cover and shake well to blend. Arrange the chicken pieces in a layer in a shallow pan.
- Pour the marinade over chicken, turn the pieces to coat evenly on both sides.
- Cover and marinate for 2 hours at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and save marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 45 to 50 minutes. Brush with marinade and turn frequently.
- Just before the chicken is ready to be taken off the grill. Mix together the honey and Dijon mustard.
- Brush the glaze on the chicken. Let cook for about 1 minute and then remove from grill and serve.
- Serves 6 to 8.