This pudding is similar to a dense cake with a rich date and honey flavor. Served warm with Honey-Whiskey sauce, this pudding is a comforting dessert.
If you like chocolate and dates try our 2-ingredient truffles.
2 cups pitted dates
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of water
1⅓ cups sorghum flour (sorghum has a molasses flavor)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
⅓ cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅓ cup honey
3 tablespoon whiskey or apple cider
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Grease an 8-inch square pan with pan spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Simmer dates, baking soda, and water until dates break down and mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, vanilla and eggs.
- With a sturdy spoon, mix together dry ingredients with honey mixture and then add in dates to form a thick batter.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted, comes out clean.
Honey Whiskey Sauce
- In a small saucepan, heat honey, whiskey, and vanilla until combined.
- Immediately spoon over cake.