We pureed corn to give this bread extra corn flavor. This cornbread is freezer and fridge friendly. Just make, cool, and wrap. Keep it in the freezer for up to a month; in the fridge for 3 days. Serve this cornbread with chili, soups, or make a double batch for our Honey-Cornbread Stuffing.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups frozen corn, processed in a food processor to a puree
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 9- x 9-inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, corn puree, coconut milk, honey, and evoo together.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Cool cornbread. Wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.