Get your burger fix without all the extra fat and calories and with all the extra nutrients. Enjoy this homemade veggie burger and don't forget the cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 burgersServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 4 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 challah rolls, split
- 4 tablespoons Herbed Honey Mustard
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook carrots, onions, and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened.
- In a food processor, combine carrot mixture with rice, bread crumbs, zucchini, mushrooms, egg, chili flakes, salt, coriander, and paprika. Pulse to chop and combine until a coarse mixture is formed.
- Form 4 (1-cup) patties and place on a greased sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat grill pan or sauté pan over medium high heat. Cook burgers for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through. Place each burger on a challah roll with 1 tablespoon each Herbed Honey Mustard and feta.