Even more delicious than from a package, and this one is preservative- and additive-free.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 21/2 tablespoons corn meal (optional)
In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
Note: 1 recipe of taco seasoning will season 1 pound of ground beef, chicken, or tofu. Make an extra recipe or two to keep in a spice bottle on the shelf for those quick go-to dinners and for salad dressings.