Better than the one from a bottle.
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce (or 1/4 cup tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 11/2 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and stir. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove and cool. This will keep in refrigerator for 4 days. Freeze leftovers.
Yields: a little under 1 1/2 cups