There is nothing like homemade pasta and you dont have to have a pasta machine to make it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 3/4 cups (400-grams) whole wheat flour
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches sea salt
1. Place the flour on a flat surface and make a well in the center, then whisk the eggs with salt and pour them in the well.
2. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil and mix the ingredients with a fork, then start kneading the dough until it gets soft, elastic and it doesn’t stick to your fingers anymore. This will take about 10 minutes.
3. Let dough rest for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Roll dough with a rolling-pin or a pasta machine, and keep rolling and flipping until it’s paper-thin or near so.
5. Pass the pasta sheets through the cutting roll of the pasta machine, or roll the sheets loosely and cut them with a sharp knife to obtain a roll of tagliatelle.
6. Boil the tagliatelle for a couple of minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water, then drain the pasta and toss it in your favourite sauce.