I love snacking on falafel balls but they are usually such a process to prepare and I never get around to making them. With this easy homemade dried falafel mix, all you have to do is mix together a few ingredients and it's time to nosh! This mix is also great on chicken and fish.
- Prep Time
- 2-4 PeopleServings
- 5 cup garbanzo bean flour aka chickpea flour, can be found in most health food stores and the health food aisle of your local grocery store
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Blend all ingredients together.
2. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
*to make falafel, combine 1 cup homemade dried falafel mix with 1/2 cup hot water and 2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside for 15 minutes to thicken. Pan-fry spoonfuls of the mixture in hot vegetable oil for 2 minutes on each side.