Make your own chili garlic sauce.
- ⅔ cupServings
- 6 oz. hot chiles such as jalapeno, serrano, thai or a combination of several different kinds, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1. Put all ingredients in a mini food processor or finely chop by hand or smash in a mortar and pestle until a coarse texture.
2. Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until the mixture no longer smells raw.
3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several months.