Fresh and slightly herbaceous, this cocktail will have you saying “hello” to 5 o’clock. To extract the aromatic orange oil in the garnish, gently bend the peel in front of a lit match.
Bitters are herbal based tinctures that add a subtle unique flavor to many cocktails. They can usually be found by the cocktail mixers in supermarkets. Our favorite kosher Orange Bitters is by Stirring.
- Prep Time
- 3 cups frozen or fresh blackberries, thawed if frozen
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- Medium orange, sliced
- 2 ounces top shelf vodka
- 1 ounce club soda
- Dash of orange bitters
- Garnish: burnt orange peel and rosemary sprig
1. Pulse the blackberries and ¼ cup simple syrup in a blender. Pass the mixture through a chinois or fine mesh strainer.
2. Strip the leaves off a sprig of rosemary and muddle with 2 orange slices in a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
3. Add ⅓ cup of blackberry syrup and vodka to the cocktail shaker. Shake, pour into a Collins glass with ice. Top off with club soda and add a dash of orange bitters. Garnish with burnt orange peel strip and rosemary sprig.