Slow cooking food enhances all flavors without any hard work, just throw all your ingredients into the pot and come home to this hearty, filling one pot meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 - 2 pounds boneless flanken, second-cut brisket, or chuck roast
- 3+ cups water or Manischewitz Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, adding just enough water or broth to cover. Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
2. Remove meat from pot, if using. Cut into chunks or shred. Set aside.
3. Use an immersion blender to blend soup to a smooth consistency.
4. Ladle soup into bowls, top with meat, and serve as is or with a slice of bread.