Hearts of palm fritters with homemade aioli are a perfect last minute treat, so easy to make, just keep hearts of palm around and you can make this anytime.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 cans of Hearts of Palm, drained and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh or dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- 3 teaspoons of water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup best quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Form mixture into 2-inch patties.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with garlicky aioli.
1. Place egg yolks, garlic, mustard, water and lemon juice in a food processor or non-reactive stainless steel mixing bowl or a glass bowl. Pulse or whisk together until smooth. Slowly add the oil drop by drop into the bowl while continually whisking or processing. The mixture should resemble mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste.