This recipe for banana bread or cake is great because the ingredients aren't deathly and it's actually delicious!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10-12 slicesServings
1 cup whole wheat flour it can be spelt or any other type of flour you want
½ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon stevia or 1 cup of white/brown sugar
1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup flax seeds or wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon you can add more as you please
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 over ripe bananas
⅓ cup plain yogurt or apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon honey
½ cup raisins or chocolate chips optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cake or loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, flax seeds, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix bananas, yogurt, vanilla, egg, honey, and raisins or chocolate.
4. Add wet ingredient to dry and mix until just combined.
5. Pour mixture into desired cake pan, loaf or round pan work. Bake for 30-45 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.