Healthy and delicious pumpkin muffins that can be served as a side dish or eaten as a snack or a lunchbox treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 18 MuffinsServings
- 1 small pumpkin (smaller pumpkins are sweeter)
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces oil, any kind, for baking
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cut pumpkin in half, take out seeds and rub inside with oil.
2. Roast face down at 375 for about 1 1/2 hours until pumpkin meat is soft.
3. Combine all dry ingredients. Scoop out pumpkin meat and mix with other wet ingredients.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
5. Bake in muffin cups at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Check if they are ready with a tooth pick.
6. The muffins are great as a side dish. They can also be frozen in a freezer bag and placed in your child's lunch frozen. They will thaw within 30 minutes.