- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 1 prepared thin pizza crust (pre-baked, not dough
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for misting
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 fresh figs, sliced thin and divided (can use dried figs and soak in water for 10 minutes)
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts, divided
- 6 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups of organic spring greens
- 1 T. lite bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1 Preheat oven to 450° F.
2 Mist the pizza crust with olive oil, set aside.
3 In a medium-sized nonstick pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in olive oil until the edges are brown.
4 Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5 Spread the onions on the pizza crust, followed by half of the fig slices, half of the walnuts, and half of the goat cheese.
6 Reduce the oven temperature to 425° F. Bake the pizza on the oven rack for 10 minutes.
7 Meanwhile, toast the remaining walnuts over medium heat.
8 Remove the pizza from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
9 Meanwhile, toss the spring greens with the balsamic vinaigrette and place on top of the pizza.
10 Top the pizza with the remaining figs, toasted walnuts, and goat cheese.
Source: California Walnut Board