- Prep Time
- 20-30 ServingsServings
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 ounce butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon jam
- 2/3 cup date paste, chocolate, nutella or jam
- for sprinkle: icing sugar
1. Mix the ingredients to make the dough. If too sticky - add a little flour.
2. Wrap in plastic wrap and send to cool off in the regrigerator for about an hour.
3. Flatten dough and make it half inch thick.
4. Cut into circles (a diameter of 8 cm will make the traditional size) fill center with a teaspoon of spread (dates/chocolate/Nutella/jam).
5. Fold into a triangle. Do not forget to fasten the corners really hard, otherwise they open up while beeing baked.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180 Centigrades until golden.
7. Let cool and sprinkle with caster sugar
8. Wrap beautifully and send as a Shalach Manot.