- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 150 grams butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground saffron
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup rosewater
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
For The Decoration
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. Fry the pine nuts and pistachios for a second in the butter and set aside.
2. Brown the flour in a pan and allow to cool.
3. Add the water and mix into a batter. Add date syrup and return to the stove on a low flame, stirring continuously.
4. Add the butter and continue stirring until dissolved. Add the rosewater, cardamom and saffron and stir. Remove from the flame once it has thickened.
5. Place on a flat serving plate and decorate by making indentations with a knife.
6. Sprinkle the pistachio and pine nut mixture over the top.