Halva has become one of my favorite desserts. Once you have the real quality halva in Israel you realize it is one of life's great pleasures. It is also relatively healthy as desserts go and the flavors can be used in so many more ways.
This breakfast oatmeal uses the flavors of tahini and silan (date honey) to create a halva flavored oatmeal. I added chopped dates and pecans too, but you can add any other toppings you like something sweet and sticky and something crunchy is highly recommended. Filling and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- Dash salt
- 1 cup boiling water or milk
- 1 tablespoon tahini (or more if desired)
- 1/2 tablespoon silan (date honey)
- 1 tablespoon chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans or other nut
1. Place oats in a bowl and salt. Mix well.
2. Pour boiling water over oats and mis well. Spoon over the tahini and date honey and add chopped nuts and dates. Mix well and serve.