If you haven't noticed, I am obsessed with halva and its flavor profile. Ever since moving to Israel I am using Silan (date honey) and tahini in and on everything. These granola bars use a little bit of regular sugar, oats, tahini and silan and then you can add anything you want. You can make them gluten free by using gluten free flour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 barsServings
- 1 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- Scant 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or any gluten free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped (or other mixed nuts of choice)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or mix of dried fruits and/or chocolate)
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 tablespoons silan (date honey)
- 1/3 cup pure tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients, including the nuts, chocolate, and/or fruits.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, silan and water. Toss the wet ingredients with the dry and add the tahini. Mix well.
4. Pour out onto the parchment lined pan and pat into a nice rectangle about 1 inch thick.
5. Bake the bars for 30 to 40 minutes, until they’re brown around the edges.
6. Cool the bars in their pan completely and then cut into desired shapes. Store in an airtight container or individually wrap in saran wrap and freeze until ready to eat.