If not serving immediately, try this trick for slowing the natural browning process: bury 1 or 2 avocado pits in the guacamole and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap. My friend Anita told me it psyches out the little avocados--they think they're still in their skins! Whatever the scientific reason, it works.
Another great tip is to omit the lemon from the recipe and instead cover your finished guac with a lemon juice soaked paper towel, tightly making sure there are no air pockets, refrigerate and just before serving, remove the paper towel and give it a good stir.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon prepared crushed garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Scoop avocados out of skin, place in bowl and mash with fork.
- Mix in salsa, garlic, lemon juice and salt.
- Place in the center of a platter and surround with tortilla chips.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW