Grilling lettuces give them sweet and smoky-char avor. Quick and easy to do, I love to grill the lettuce right at the end of cooking my kid’s favorite chicken. Then I pile the lettuce on a platter and garnish with grilled lemons, avocados and skewers of grape tomatoes. Everyone gets their own lettuce, avocado and charred lemon. YUM!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 heads baby romaine, cut in half lengthwise and washed carefully
- 3 heads baby iceberg lettuce, cut in half and washed carefully
- 3 avocados, cut in half and pit removed
- 3 lemons, cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, threaded onto 6 skewers
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
1. Drizzle each lettuce half, avocado half and lemon half with oil. Season lettuces, avocados and tomatoes with salt and pepper.
2. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and slightly wilted. Lemons will be dark on cut side and avocados will have dark grill marks on cut side. Tomatoes will be slightly blistered.
3. Pile everything on a platter and drizzle with oil.