Be creative with the vegetable you choose to grill for this recipe. All types of vegetables will pair well with the basil-based pesto.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Vegetables of your choice, such as zucchini and eggplant
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
1. Blend pesto ingredients and store covered in fridge until ready to use.
2. Slice vegetables, such as zucchini and eggplant.
3. Coat vegetables in oil, salt, and pepper and fresh or dried herbs.
4. Grill in a grill pan or on a hot grill, or roast in the oven on high heat (about 450°F) until tender.
5. Shmear bread with pesto.
6. Place vegetable between slices of bread and grill sandwich in a panini grill, grilled cheese press or in a saute pan over medium heat.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW